Ba ofr Pongola 13kv Power Line
Client Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd
Location Pongola, KwaZulu
Project Value R822 747.98
Completed February 2015
With the construction of three proposed new 132kV substations (Ndumo, Gezisa and Mbazwana) for the supply of the greater Makhathini area in the northern KwaZulu-Natal, the existing Pongola-Candover 132kV line will be overloaded.
Therefore, a second 132kV line from Pongola to Candover needs to be constructed to enhance security of supply for the Makhathini substations of Ndumo, Gesiza and Mbazwana. In order to accommodate a second Pongola-Candover 132kV line, modifications to the existing Pongola 132/22kV substation and the end point, the existing Candover switching station, will have to be undertaken.
A second 132kV power line and substation is also required to tee-off the existing Mkuze-Pongola 132kV power line.
This proposed substation will be constructed close to the turn off from the N2 to the road leading to Golela and Swaziland.
This substation will accommodate the electrical load for developments within the vicinity of the border post.
Scope of Services
- Project Management and Administration;
- Identification and evaluation of alternatives;
- Stakeholder engagement (focus group and one on one meetings);
- Identification, management and conducting of specialist studies;
- Assess the environmental, economic and social impacts;
- Compilation of a Basic Assessment Report; and
- Compile environmental Management Programme (EMPr)